Need To Do It Quickly? Cheat...

Please realize that I love making sauces and usually make them from scratch starting with flour and butter and then adding my liquid. Sometimes however, I'll just deglaze my pan with red or white wine or chicken stock and then add a packet of Knorr brown or white sauce, let it cook on med to med low heat and once mixed and dissolved well, I'll slowly add my liquid until I get a consistency that I want, then just set it on low for about 7 minutes. I usually won't need to season it much at all doing it that way. Let's face it, those packets are mostly made up of flour anyway along with some spices and seasonings. The nice thing about them is there's no second guessing with the liquid. Very simple and just a little short cut from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment