Wilted Brussel Salad
6 Thick slices of plain bacon
12 Large heads of Brussel Sprouts
1. Cut the stem of each sprout so that you can loosen up each leaf carefully.
2. Once you can remove the leaf, cut the bottom off a little bit more. Continue until you're left with a sprout that's about 3/4 inch in diameter. Save the unused sprout part for a future dish.
3. Rinse leaves in cold water and set aside.
4. Slice bacon into 1/2 inch pieces.
5. In a 10 inch saute pan, spray cooking spray at the bottom and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Heat over medium high heat.
6. Saute bacon until browned but not to a crisp. Drain and set on a paper towel. Clean pan.
7. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the 10 inch pan on medium high heat.
8. Quickly saute Brussel Sprout leaves for a couple of minutes or until they become semi wilted. Salt and pepper to taste.
9. Remove from heat and drain out excess oil. Set in large bowl.
10. Add the bacon to the bowl and toss with a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Serve lukewarm. Enjoy.